Monday, November 24, 2014

A Mentally Challenging Night

Assalamualaikum and boa noite,
(WARNING: This is a looong post)

As I'm writing this, I just finished chatting with a guy who asked me about God and Islam. I did not see this coming as I was strolling around in the chatting place, and suddenly, wachaa! the guy showed up.

When he knew I was from Malaysia, he said he has just finished discussing about why muslims believe in god with another chatter. SO, I offered myself if he has anything he wants to ask. AND his first question was 'Why should we believe that god is kind-hearted?'

Bear in mind that, I am not a preacher, and I keep telling him that I would try my best answering his questions. ALSO, at this time I had tachycardia. Know why? Because I fear that my responds would not enlighten him, I fear that my answers would drive him away from Islam. But what I fear the most is, DO I HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWER?

SO, here's the conversation, *an actual conversation, word by word*: (A is him, Z is me)

A: Why should we believe that god is kind-hearted?
(After a long silence and I answered it badly that A was not satisfied with it. At this point, I had so many things to say, and I don't know how to start it. ) 
Z: God loves all of His creations. If you are a father, you would love your children, right? Of course you don't want your children to be harmed.It is us who choose to be in the wrong path which leads to bad things. (:O What have I answered?!)
A: Do you mind if I debate?
Z: Sure, but I am not a good debater.
A: I don't see why we should assume that god works by human psychology.

Z: (after realizing my mistake) We muslims do not compare god to human, as God is greater than us. And we would not compare god to any of His creations.
A: I thought you just did, no? I thought you said that god would love us the same way a human loves their children, no?
Z: That is like an analogy.
A: That's right! So i don't see why you are comparing god to a human.
(I was a bit pissed off, to myself for not explaining it clearly and to him for not understanding my analogy. :P)

Z: Maybe I put it in a wrong way. Ok, back to your question, then should we believe that god is evil?

A: Well, my question was just why we should believe he is kind-hearted?
(Ughh, so you don't have to answer my question, but I have to answer yours? Fine.)
Z: Well, He gives us life, He gives us things that we should be grateful for, He gives us tests in life so we would not forget Him.
A: I'm not getting how you're answering my question, sorry. Can you please clarify? Thanks.

Z: Which part of it you don't understand?
A: How giving us tests in life helps explain why we should believe that god is kind-hearted.
Z: We believe in praying to god, asking for His forgiveness and ask for all the good things in life from Him and Him only. And whenever we faced something bad in life, we would pray harder so that we could be more patience in facing the bad things in life.
A: I am really not trying to be difficult. I don't see how that answers the question of why we should believe that god is kind-hearted.

Z: Ok, let me ask you a question then. You'e an atheist,,so, what is your believe/opinions actually?
(A's answer was a bit lengthy, so I cut out a bit. hehe, but I didn't change anything)
A: I don't really know how the world got here, but in my mind it could have been  on its own. I think probably the claims of religions about the world are generally wrong. Am i answering your question?
Z: So you think the world somehow exists out of nowhere?
A: I said I don't know. But it is quite plausible to me.
Z: Everything has its creator. So do we,
A: But I don't see how this has to do with my question. Everything has its creator? I'm not sure I follow.
Z: Sure. People create this and that. but what creates human?
A:Their parents.
Z: But who created their parents? I believe you know the story of Adam?
A: Yes I do. (So he told me a bit about evolution theory)
Z: Muslims don't believe that humans are created from apes. But tell me your version of Adam story.

Aaacks! I forgot to printscreen this part of conversation! But he did tell me that Adam is created at the sixth-hour and created from the earth (I guess he meant clay).
I'm tired of writing it out.. I have this part of  the conversation before we end our conversation.

 

.
.
.


SO yeah. it was pretty intense for me for I don't have a deep knowledge on the matter but I really tried my best. I hope the guy would finally gets the right answer from a knowledgeable person. I really hope the best for you bro. #sisberharap

No comments:

Post a Comment